This online series aims to empower people with hypermobility to practice yoga in a way that supports their unique needs and challenges. By focusing on building stability and reducing inflammation and pain, participants can learn to enjoy the benefits of yoga without risking injury or discomfort.
Weekly on Wednesdays (Sept 27, Oct 4, 11, 18, 25)
- September 27 – Proprioception: Learning to listen to our Nervous system (focus on feet and alignment)
- October 4 – Shoulders
- October 11 – Hips & Pelvis
- October 18 – Adaptation for Hypermobility: Creativity & Ease
- October 25 – Rest is a Practice
PRICE: Recommended price 15 Euros per class or 70 Euros for the Series(sliding scale is possible to support your financial needs).
- Anatomy of hypermobility: This workshop is designed to provide valuable insights into the anatomical differences present in hypermobile bodies, and the unique challenges and risks associated with this condition. By gaining a better understanding of the role of collagen in joint structure and connective tissue, we can learn practical strategies for managing hypermobility and promoting overall well-being.
- Finding your “normal”: Defining a ‘normal’ for your body can be an empowering and transformative experience. This workshop provides an opportunity to explore the unique strengths and capabilities of hypermobile bodies. By developing a deeper understanding of proprioception and how to create a relationship with gravity that supports balance and alignment, we can discover what feels safe and stable, leading to increased confidence, control, and overall well-being. This positive approach can help those with hypermobility embrace their body and find a sense of joy and freedom in movement.
- The reality of pain: By addressing the reality of the increased risk for pain and injury in hypermobile bodies, the workshop offers a compassionate and understanding approach to managing these challenges. Through learning effective strategies for modifying poses and using props to support the body, participants can gain greater control over their movements and reduce the risk of pain and injury.
- Learning to rest:For individuals with hypermobility, rest is a crucial component of overall health and well-being. Due to the constant healing required for micro injuries and the production of excess adrenaline, individuals with collagen-related hypermobility often face unique challenges with rest and sleep. However, rest is essential for the body to heal and regenerate, reducing the risk of injury and improving overall function.Yoga offers strategies for improving the quality of rest.
- Together in Community: This workshop also provides a supportive community of like-minded individuals, creating an empowering and uplifting environment where participants can learn and grow. Ultimately, this workshop can help individuals with hypermobility find greater ease and comfort in their bodies, leading to a more joyful and fulfilling life.